Packages

Contacting Elder Rainock:

E-mail: cordell.rainock@myldsmail.net

Address: Elder Cordell B. Rainock
Mission Argentina Mendoza
Cabildo Abierto 161
5501 Godoy Cruz
Mendoza, Argentina

Sending Elder Rainock packages: It´d be best if any packages are sent in the large padded envelopes instead of boxes and contain very little value. (time frame: letters - 3 weeks, packages - around 1 month)

Monday, April 16, 2012

"The Lord is on my side"

Elder Marsh (my companion) and I are really starting to become great friends. After being with him 24 hours a day and 7 days a week we've gotten to know one another really well. We have an identical sense of humor and our companionship study and prayers are dynamite. We are both progressing in the language really well, but we are still far from speaking Argentine Spanish.. which is apparently blazing fast where we are going.

On Tuesday we had a devotional with Keith B. McMullin and his wife as speakers - I believe he was just released from the Presiding Bishopric of the Church. One quote that stuck out to me in his talk was, "your days as a missionary will become routine, but it's never routine for those you meet. You need to be sure to treat everyone as a special, individual child of God because that is what they are."

Wed-Thursday were pretty routine days.

Friday, our 'investigator' that we had been working with every day became our second teacher along with Hermano Salisbury. She is the granddaughter of President Erying.

Saturday was a great day. Hermano Salisbury is an awesome motivational speaker and gives great lessons. Just when the elders in our district are starting to get down, he comes out with a lesson that inspires and uplifts us. It's obvious that he is prayerful about our discussions because they are always what we need. During Hermana Eyring's lesson we practiced the full first lesson as companionships. Elder Marsh and I gave a 30 minute lesson and we were surprised to find out how much we knew how to say in Spanish. I know the Lord was with us - guiding us in what to say; I was saying things I hadn't reviewed since high school and easily saying things I had just learned. "Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men." - D&C 11:21

Yesterday (Sunday) was my most spiritual day in the MTC so far. M. Russel Ballard from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles spoke to us. Before he spoke we heard a beautiful rendition of "The Spirit of God" by Elder Archuleta - all the sisters were in tears I'm sure, mainly because they knew they'd have to wait two years before having a chance with him. He sang in English and one verse in Spanish, it really was fantastic and he got pretty emotional at the end. After that meeting we sang an awesome version of "Called to Serve" as a whole MTC group. We started off basically whispering it and were standing on our feet singing at the top of our lungs by the end. My heart was pounding out of my chest, it was incredible. And then we watched "The Testaments" to top it all off.. at the end of the movie the 8 guys in our district all looked at each other.. we had tears running down our faces.. and then we just started cracking up because we like to think of ourselves as tough guys and we were the only people really crying. It was awesome and just another bonding moment to bring us closer together. I'm going to miss these guys.

I miss all of you, I wish I had more time to email here but it'll be longer once I'm out in the field. The Lord is on my side and so you guys don't have to worry. I pray for all of my friends and family so you should be safe as well ;) I can't wait to get out into the field and be a true instrument in the hands of the Lord!

- Alma 29:9

- Elder Rainock

No comments:

Post a Comment