Packages

Contacting Elder Rainock:

E-mail: cordell.rainock@myldsmail.net

Address: Elder Cordell B. Rainock
Mission Argentina Mendoza
Cabildo Abierto 161
5501 Godoy Cruz
Mendoza, Argentina

Sending Elder Rainock packages: It´d be best if any packages are sent in the large padded envelopes instead of boxes and contain very little value. (time frame: letters - 3 weeks, packages - around 1 month)

Friday, June 1, 2012

"Less than a week left... and I don't know where I'm going"

 written May 29th - since writing this email, Cordell has discovered that he will be spending the first part of his mission in the Denver, Co South mission, and will stay until he can get his VISA to Argentina.  He leaves the MTC on Saturday.

Less than a week left in the MTC and I don't know where I'm going.. haha. But I think it's pretty exciting to not know where I'll be serving right away. I'm preparing to teach the Gospel either way and wherever I go there will be people who need it. Spanish is coming along fine and we are being pretty dilligent in our district about speaking it as much as we can.
Elder Marsh and I are 2 of about 16 Elders who have been chosen to start some lessons when the new missionaries come in on Wednesday. What the new missionaries do on their first day is get situated in their residence, classrooms, and then teach investigators in large groups of about 30. I think I remember mentioning it in my first blog entry. Anyways, they have missionaries that have been here for a while kick-start the lesson and get it rolling for the new missionaries. So that is what Elder Marsh and I are going to do.. no pressure.
In class this week we reviewed a talk by Gene R. Cook called "Faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ." There are two types of faith. One type of faith is faith to know something will happen - and you wait for that thing to happen. There is another type of faith - that is the faith to MAKE things happen. This talk is about faith to make things happen. It was very inspirational for me.
I don't have much more to write this week, but I am doing well. I can't wait to get out into the field! The next email I'll be sending will be from the mission field.. wherever it is that the Lord needs me at this time. Although I have been here for 8 weeks I still learn so much every single day. Some people are nervous about not knowing everything before they leave.. but learning is something we'll be doing our whole lives. If the Lord wanted the smartest, wisest, most knowledgable missionaries he wouldn't be calling 19 year old boys. He has called us to build His kindgdom and to build ourselves. I expect to learn something new about the Gospel every day of my mission. If I don't then I am doing something wrong. And although I may not know every single answer.. I trust in the Lord that he will allow me to say what I need to say.. when I need to say it.
I love all of you guys and I am continuing to pray for you. I know I am being blessed from all of your prayers back home. I hope all is well. Don't worry about me because if there is any time in my life that I'll be safe, this is it.
"No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, columny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldy, nobly, and independent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done"

No comments:

Post a Comment