Packages

Contacting Elder Rainock:

E-mail: cordell.rainock@myldsmail.net

Address: Elder Cordell B. Rainock
Mission Argentina Mendoza
Cabildo Abierto 161
5501 Godoy Cruz
Mendoza, Argentina

Sending Elder Rainock packages: It´d be best if any packages are sent in the large padded envelopes instead of boxes and contain very little value. (time frame: letters - 3 weeks, packages - around 1 month)

Monday, November 18, 2013

"I bought nutella and tabasco sauce"

written Nov 11

Last week we went to a grocery store called jumbo because we heard they had jiff peanut butter in their international section.. turned out it was all gone. So I bought nutella and tabasco sauce. I have been dying for some spicy/hot foods because they don´t eat those here.
This week we had zone meeting and some big things went down. They changed the way we will be counting our weekly numbers for our key indicators (numbers that keep track of what we are doing and where we can improve) every week. Also, there was a big focus on rededicating ourselves as a mission because it is in a slump right now. We were pretty pumped coming out of there.

I gave a talk in church yesterday on missionary work and the gospel of Jesus Christ which turned out well. I´ve realized on my mission how much I like to speak in chruch... it´s always been something I look forward to because it makes me grow in knowledge and testimony. 

I´d like to share something this week about a member we have in our ward. He is turning 80 years old this month. He has a old man/witty sense of humor that reminds me of some people back home. He says that he will be completing his first 80 years next month.. haha. Anyways, he is one of the greatest examples I have ever seen of true humility before the Lord and a person with an eternal perspective. He accompanies us to lessons about 2 or 3 times a week because he is always available and willing. In fact, he tries to go out with us more but sometimes we have to take other members. He struggles to walk because he has a bad leg but is always willing to walk farther than we´ll let him. His knowledge of the Gospel is profound and every time I talk to him I feel like I am only tapping the surface of what he knows. However, in lessons he can communicate with our investigators in simple, precise terms that always hit right on the head of what we want to say. Basically, what I want to get across about this man is that he is a great example of never stepping back or making excuses because of his age and abilities. He is dedicated and motivated even in his old age and I believe he will be until at least he next 80 years are over ;) 

Hope everyone is doing well back home and I am praying for you all.

Love, 


Elder Rainock

No comments:

Post a Comment