Packages

Contacting Elder Rainock:

E-mail: cordell.rainock@myldsmail.net

Address: Elder Cordell B. Rainock
Mission Argentina Mendoza
Cabildo Abierto 161
5501 Godoy Cruz
Mendoza, Argentina

Sending Elder Rainock packages: It´d be best if any packages are sent in the large padded envelopes instead of boxes and contain very little value. (time frame: letters - 3 weeks, packages - around 1 month)

Monday, December 23, 2013

"I leave to become a traveling assistant to the president"

written December 2nd

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving back home this week. Home was definitely in my thoughts on thursday and I would have dropped a lot of pesos on the opportunity to eat some of mama bear's good 'ol stuffin. However, I still ate well. We bought all the ingredients and made barbaque chicken pizza... not necessarily the ideal for thanksgiving but it was still delicious and we all were really full. Then we topped it off with some peach cobbler and icecream that we made. It was a good thanksgiving and I made sure our family tradition of everyone going around and saying what they are thankful for went down.. even our argentenian roommate :)
This week was a good week here in villa del parque. Elder Rich and I finished up the twelve week training program and now it's time to leave my "son" on his own :) He is staying here in Villa del Parque and is going to tear things up here as I leave to become a traveling assistant to the president.
This was definitely a huge surprise to me and I didn't see it coming at all. I am very exciting for the opportunity to travel the mission and help where I can. I will also be reporting to President Ávila and getting to work directly with him which is going to be awesome. He is a great example to me and I am excited to be able to learn from his example just a bit more.
My blogs will start being pretty interesting now that I will be traveling for the whole mission and getting to know all of the missionaries and areas. I am pumped!! I slept a good 4 1/2 hours last night because I couldn't get my mind to rest... haha. It's going to be a pretty tiring transfer with being on the go, traveling, sleeping on the floor, etc. But I know I will learn a lot this transfer and I am exciting for the growth that I will be experiencing.
I know this work is the work of the Lord and I hope, more than anything, that what people will be able to learn from me is to Love the Lord. That being said, I know I will be learning way more than I will be able to give. There are so many good missionaries in Mendoza, Argentina and I have a lot of examples to learn from.
I hope everyone is doing well back home and my prayers are with you. Hope everyone is keeping our Lord and Savior in their thoughts in this season of gratitude and of remembering Him.
Much love,
- Elder Rainock

No comments:

Post a Comment