Packages

Contacting Elder Rainock:

E-mail: cordell.rainock@myldsmail.net

Address: Elder Cordell B. Rainock
Mission Argentina Mendoza
Cabildo Abierto 161
5501 Godoy Cruz
Mendoza, Argentina

Sending Elder Rainock packages: It´d be best if any packages are sent in the large padded envelopes instead of boxes and contain very little value. (time frame: letters - 3 weeks, packages - around 1 month)

Monday, December 2, 2013

"There is only one eternal remedy... the Gospel of Jesus Christ"

(written Nov 25th)

Things are going smoothly here in Godoy Cruz. Elder Rich and I are on our last week here together in Villa del Parque and it´s been a good two transfers. I have definitely learned a lot these last two transfers. I had been feeling pretty down because we haven´t met success here like I did in Tupungato. However, in my interview with president Ávila last week he said some things that really calmed my spirit. Sometimes you can be working just as hard and be just as dedicated but you have to understand that everyone has their free agency to accept what we teach or not - even if they feel the Spirit testifying to them of its truth. Also, sometimes stuff like this happens because we have a lesson to learn and we won´t understand until we look back on it. Alma did not always meet success in the cities that he preached to but, overall, he was a very successful missionary. I am feeling a lot better now and have an even stronger desire to just keep on keepin on :)
The missionaries in our zone have been practicing to sing in the stake conference we have this weekend. We are singing "Hark, All Ye Nations" and "Joseph Smith´s First Prayer" and it is coming out pretty nicely. I am singing in the bass section which has been fun because I have always wanted to practice singing in parts more. 

I reflected the other day on some of the life stories I have heard while being here on my mission. It has opened my eyes to some of the struggless some face in this life. Stories that the world may never hear or appreciate. But no matter what struggles, pains, tempations, trials, heartache, these people have suffered... there is one real solace, one real remedy, one real being from whom we can find succor. People may search forever for refuge but it´s only temporary. There is only one eternal remedy and that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is my responsibility to share with these people. 

I am grateful to be here serving the Lord and I know that that remedy goes for me as well. Yeah, I may have had a couple of rougher weeks but I find my strength in the grace of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Hope all is well with ya´ll back home and my prayers are always being sent your way.

Love,


Elder Rainock

No comments:

Post a Comment